Have you ever seen a Colibri? Why are we named Colibri Day Spa? The source of the name “Colibri Day Spa” is very unique and special. Throughout the world, a Colibri is well known. Most people in the United States have no idea what a Colibri is. Well, now the curtain rises, and our secret is revealed…
The word Colibri when expressed in English is a Hummingbird. To have a Day Spa in Sarasota called Colibri is divine in nature. A spiritual encounter with a Colibri inspired our spa name. If you are not familiar with Hummingbirds, here are some fun and interesting facts:
- Colibri are the smallest of all birds. Most Hummingbirds weigh less a nickel, or about 5 grams
- Colibri are very smart. They can remember every flower they’ve visited and can even recognize people. Often times a Colibri will become so familiar with a person at a feeder that it will be inclined to perch on one’s hand or finger
- A Colibri is the only bird that can fly backwards. They are fascinating to watch as they zoom back and forth and up and down – with Amazing Grace
- Hummingbirds don’t migrate in flocks like other birds. They usually travel alone for up to 500 miles at a time
- Colibri arrive in beautiful Sarasota in March, then leave in September. When you visit our Day Spa, you might even see a Colibri from our welcoming front porch. We have special plants and feeders that attract Hummingbirds throughout the season
- When courting females, male Colibri make loud noises with their tail feathers to attract their mates. They soar high in the air, then dive quickly by the females at speeds reaching 65 feet per second. As they swoop, the wind flutters through their tail feathers, making sounds that are a huge turn-on for female hummingbirds. Are we seeing a pattern here?
- Hummingbirds have a super-fast metabolism and need to eat constantly – about every 10 minutes. Colibri eat two to three times their body weight in food every day – that’s the human equivalent of an entire fridge of food
In German, Russian and Spanish, Italian, French and more – the beautiful Hummingbird is called a “Colibri”.
We welcome you to Colibri Day Spa in Sarasota. We look forward to meeting you and providing you the highest level quality care and services. Our goal is to provide the very best skin care, massage, body treatments, waxing, eyebrows and eyelash services in all of Sarasota.
You deserve the very best. You’ve been expecting us.